La Capitale General Insurance Inc. is pleased to partner with the Ordre professionnel des inhalothérapeutes du Québec to offer a professional liability insurance program. The policy number is 10367151-003.
An insurer unlike any other
La Capitale General Insurance Inc. began its operations in 1976 as a subsidiary of La Capitale Financial Group Inc. Today, it is an industry leader in the field of damage insurance.
With our full line of automobile, home, personal property, legal access and commercial insurance coverages, we are fully equipped to adequately meet the insurance needs of the entire population of Quebec.
Our Mission: "To offer our clients insurance coverage adapted to their individual needs - under the seal of excellence - with flexible terms and conditions." Nothing less!
1 800 644-0607
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
Who are the insureds?
- The OPIQ
- OPIQ members in good standing who enrolled in the professional liability insurance program
- OPIQ members in good standing who enrolled in the professional liability insurance program, for losses resulting from professional services rendered while they were members in good standing and enrolled in the OPIQ's professional liability insurance program
- Former OPIQ members in good standing, for losses resulting from professional services rendered while they were members in good standing and enrolled in the OPIQ's professional liability insurance program
- When proceedings are brought with regard to the professional services rendered during the period in question, individuals with special authorization issued by the Order and who are enrolled in its professional liability program for the special authorization period
- Present or former students or interns who are or were recognized by the OPIQ
- Employees who work under the supervision of a member in good standing who enrolled in the professional liability insurance program
- Any of the above-mentioned persons' legal heirs or assigns
- A company owned by a member in good standing or who provides services to the public with at least one insured member in good standing authorized by law to carry out his or her professional activities
- Any above-mentioned company that has ceased its professional activities, but only for losses resulting from professional services rendered prior to the date these activities ceased
What is your coverage?
Your professional liability:
Specifically, the payment of compensatory damages that you may be required to pay to third parties as a result of a claim received by you and filed with La Capitale during the insurance period and arising from fault, negligence, or a lack of care or skill in the performance of your insured professional activities.
We also assume your expenses for defence in litigation involving professional liability.
Insurance limits: Up to $1M per loss and $1M for all losses per insurance period.
Your criminal defence fees:
Specifically, your defence costs for any action taken against you before a criminal court with respect to professional activities you performed, unless you plead or are found guilty by judgment of the highest court of final resort.
Criminal defence fees: Up to $50,000 per insured.
Your illegal practice defence fees:
Specifically, your defence costs for any action taken against you for illegal practice of another profession, unless you plead or are found guilty by judgment of the highest court of final resort.
Illegal practice defence fees: Up to $25,000 per insured.
Your coroner's inquest legal fees:
Specifically, your legal fees involving any appearance as an interested party in a coroner's inquest or a similar special inquest or commission arising from or in connection with the performance of your professional activities, not including cases in which you are called upon to act as an expert witness.
Coroner's inquest legal fees: Up to $25,000 per insured.
What activities are insured?
Professional activities in your field of practice which may lead to legal action taken against you in Canada. This includes teaching, supervision, opinions and consultations.
How to file a claim?
In the event of a claim, dial 1 866 906-2120.
It is important to:
- Bring to the attention of your insurer any fact or circumstance that may give rise to a claim, as soon as you become aware of such matters.
- Refrain from assuming any liability, incurring any expense or entering into any negotiation on your own initiative.
- Forward any notice of claim, as well as any judicial procedure that may be served on you.
- Provide your insurer with support and cooperation during any enquiry and any legal proceedings that may eventually take place.
After the call, please email the completed claim form to the address stated on the form.
Multi-peril insurance: No question of doing without it!
For a few extra dollars, we offer you supplemental insurance coverage. If your profession is one that allows you to offer your services privately as a self-employed worker, you need coverage that's tailored to your practice.
Our multi-peril insurance covers:
- Office contents
- Computer hardware and software
- Important documents
- Loss of income during restoration work
- Personal injuries
- Embezzlement, disappearance or destruction of money
- Civil liability and tenant's insurance
You can select optional benefits as your company expands and changes. By doing so, you customize your multi-peril insurance based on your needs!
For further details, feel free to contact one of our agents, who will promptly analyze your situation in order to be able to offer you products that are tailored to your realities.