Beneva Insurance Company is pleased to partner with the Ordre des diététistes nutritionnistes du Québec to offer a professional liability insurance program. The policy number is 25595621-003.
An insurer unlike any other
As an industry leader, Beneva offers a complete line of home, auto, personal property, legal access, and commercial insurance products―everything to meet the needs of the entire Quebec population! We are proud to offer our clients insurance solutions adapted to their needs, with a seal of excellence and flexible payment terms.
1 800 644-0607
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
Who are the insureds?
- The Ordre
- The Ordre members in good standing who enrolled in the professional liability insurance program
- The Ordre members in good standing who enrolled in the professional liability insurance program, for losses resulting from professional services rendered while they were members in good standing and enrolled in the Ordre professional liability insurance program
- Former Ordre members in good standing, for losses resulting from professional services rendered while they were members in good standing and enrolled in the Ordre professional liability insurance program
- Present or former students or interns who are or were recognized by the Ordre
- Present or former employees who work under the supervision of a member in good standing who enrolled in the professional liability insurance program
- Any of the above-mentioned persons' legal heirs or assigns
A company owned by a member in good standing
What is your coverage?
Your professional liability:
Specifically, the payment of compensatory damages that you may be required to pay to third parties as a result of a claim received by you and filed with Beneva during the insurance period and arising from fault, negligence, or a lack of care or skill in the performance of your insured professional activities.
We also assume your expenses for defence in litigation involving professional liability.
Insurance limits: Up to $2M per loss and $2M per total losses per insurance period.
Your criminal defence fees:
Specifically, your defence costs for any action taken against you before a criminal court with respect to professional activities you performed, unless you plead or are found guilty by judgment of the highest court of final resort.
Criminal defence fees: Up to $50,000 per insured.
Your illegal practice defence fees:
Specifically, your defence costs for any action taken against you for illegal practice of another profession, unless you plead or are found guilty by judgment of the highest court of final resort.
Illegal practice defence fees: Up to $25,000 per insured.
Your coroner's inquest legal fees:
Specifically, your legal fees involving any appearance as an interested party in a coroner's inquest or a similar special inquest or commission arising from or in connection with the performance of your professional activities, not including cases in which you are called upon to act as an expert witness.
Coroner's inquest legal fees: Up to $25,000 per insured.
What activities are insured?
Professional activities in your field of practice and performed in Canada, which may lead to legal action taken against you in Canada. This includes teaching, supervision, opinions and consultations.
How to file a claim?
In the event of a claim, dial 1 866 906-2120.
It is important to:
- Bring to the attention of your insurer any fact or circumstance that may give rise to a claim, as soon as you become aware of such matters.
- Refrain from assuming any liability, incurring any expense or entering into any negotiation on your own initiative.
- Forward any notice of claim, as well as any judicial procedure that may be served on you.
- Provide your insurer with support and cooperation during any enquiry and any legal proceedings that may eventually take place.
After the call, please email the completed claim form to the address stated on the form.
Legal Access Insurance
Legal Access Insurance is available as an additional coverage at a low cost to all clients who have home or auto insurance with Beneva. It is, without a doubt, the best way to assert your rights without having to bear all the cost.
For just a few dollars per year, Legal Access Insurance enables you to protect and defend your rights.
- Consultation in all areas of the law
- Your choice of legal counsel (lawyer or notary)
- Up to $5,000 per covered dispute and up to $15,000 per insurance period, according to the terms and conditions provided in the contract.
Covered areas of the law:
- Real estate
- Bodily harm or damage to property
- Consumer affairs
- Income security
Coverage for legal consultations regarding the settlement of estates or the opening of protective supervision for an insured of full age.
Not all disputes are covered. This particularly applies to disputes related to your professional order.
For further information
Feel free to contact one of our agents at 1 888 522-2748. They will promptly analyze your situation in order to be able to offer you products that are tailored to your realities.
The purpose of this site is to present to you the main features of your professional liability insurance program. The insurance contract contains a number of restrictions. Only the contract may be used to establish the rights and responsibilities of the contracting parties at all times.